· Dress children warmly for outdoor activities. Multiple thin layers will keep them dry and warm. Hats, boots, gloves, and coats are a given.
· There is still a possibility of sunburn in the winter months. The sun’s rays can reflect off the snow easily. Be sure to put sunscreen on any body parts that exposed to the sun (i.e. nose, cheeks, forehead).
· Lip Balm is your friend. Windy weather and cold temperatures can cause very chapped lips. Apply a flavorless brand of lip balm to deter lip licking habits.
· Set time limits when allowing your child to play outside. Have your child/ren come inside for breaks to warm them selves up.
· Frequent Hand Washing and teaching your child to sneeze or cough into the bend of his/her elbow may help reduce the spread of colds and flu.
· Make sure your child is up to date on their immunizations to reduce the risk of catching an illness.