2, 3, 4 Year Old Programs
The Creative Curriculum®
For over 30 years, early childhood educators have trusted The Creative Curriculum®
to help plan and implement successful, developmentally appropriate programs.
The latest research in early childhood learning is incorporated into this forward-thinking approach that honors creativity and makes learning exciting and relevant for every child. Classrooms provide stimulating surroundings and plenty of loving attention. Your child's day will be filled with art, music, movement, math, language development, science, social studies, and multi-sensory play. This Curriculum is implemented in each class throughout Leesburg Open Arms.
The Abeka Curriculum®
Our Pre-K (ages 4-5) program uses the A Beka Book® curriculum. Students will learn language arts (phonics, reading, writing and poetry), science, math, social studies, bible and arts & crafts using the A Beka Book K4 Four-Year-Old Program. The A Beka curriculum approach to education keeps learning lively, interesting and memorable. Materials reflect sensible theory that is firmly anchored to practical application. Our students who graduate from this program have a firm foundation in learning and are well prepared for Kindergarten.
Learning opportunities for students include:
- Encouraging natural curiosity about familiar elements, such as plants, animals, rocks, soil, and water
- Learning to play individually or in small groups where the focus is on learning by doing
- Developing thinking skills through the use of open-ended materials, conversations and interactions.
- Participating in activities of varying complexity as well as manipulation of concrete objects in natural play situations
- Daily lessons designed to increase attention span, sharpen listening skills and develop problem solving skills
- Developing an understanding of math concepts through the use of unit cubes, pattern blocks, and other concrete materials
- Building strong language skills through exposure to reading, writing, listening, speaking and sign-language
- Weekly music (including "Singing & Signing"), chapel and library time
- Tiny Toes: The classes incorporate creative movement, ballet, jazz, hip hop, and character dance as well as a variety of educational add-ons including the alphabet, colors, numbers, storytelling, teamwork, music theory, dance history, and more, for children ages 2 through 5.
- Wee Little Arts: Highly acclaimed supplemental program stimulates imagination, encourages self-confidence while having fun, and develops skills that have been proven to benefit future academic performance and personal endeavor, for children ages 3 and up.
- Excite Soccer: A fun loving educational soccer program for children ages 3 and up helps in physical and social skills development.