Last week's theme was Once Upon a Time and the children enjoyed writing their own fairy tales and having lots of fairy tale stories read to them. Some of the children did their own illustrating of their own fairy tale stories using their own imagination.
Summer Chapel lesson for this week from the book "Zero to Hero" is focusing on the number "4" for "Four in a Fire" (Daniel 3:1-30) and "The Four Friends" (Mark 2:1-12).
Our first floor hallway and classrooms have been painted. Everywhere looks so bright and clean and fresh! The Sanctuary, the Library and the Enrichment Kindergarten Room are the next areas to be paintedfollowed by the upstairs classrooms and hallway.
Monday, July 20th is National Space Exploration Day. One of our pre-K classes will be going to the Udvar-Hazy Center Air and Space Museum near Dulles Airport.
Fun activities for this week and for later in the Summer are listed below:
- We will have Mad Science on Friday, July 24th at 10:00 AM.
- On Tuesday, August 4th we will have Kid's Rock at 10:00 AM.
- On Thursday, August 13th we will have Kaydee Puppets at 9:45 AM.
- And on Thursday, August 27th at 9:30 AM we will have Pam the Kindersinger.
- Congratulations to the Neary family for a new baby brother, James "Brooks", for Patrick (Sea Turtles class). Brooks was born this past Wednesday, July 15th.
- Ms Bonnie W will be leaving us on Tuesday, July 21st. We thank her for all the years of support in the Infant rooms at LOA and we wish her all the best.
- We welcome Ms Emily to the PM Staff for the Monkey's classroom.
Symptom Alert Notices: Parents, please monitor your child's condition for symptoms of any illness (rash, fever, etc.) before sending them to LOA for the day. Also, let us know if you keep your child home due to an illness. If any child at LOA shows any signs/symptoms of an illness, the teachers will complete a Symptom Alert Notice. You will need to keep your child home for a minimum of 24 hours after receiving the Symptom Alert Notice unless you have a doctors note to state that they can return.
Finally, it is with sadness that we say goodbye to the Malarkey family, Waylon, Cady and their parents, Amy and Mike. They will be leaving LOA and the USA to move to Australia. They have been with us several years and we wish them a safe journey "down under" and to keep in touch with us as pen pals.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below,..." - Acts 2:19.