Last week the children enjoyed learning about all the facts about "Space and Planets". Check out the space artwork in the classrooms.
This is Lutheran Schools Week. Across the Country, Lutheran Schools from Preschool through College will celebrate this week. Our theme for this year is "Mercy Forever". The focus is Standing in Christ, Serving Others. You can find our schedule at the following link:
Lutheran Schools Week Schedule
Please show your school spirit by helping your child fully participate in the activities as shown in the schedule. Teacher request: we need bubble wrap for "Messy Monday", January 26th.
During Lutheran Schools Week we will also be supporting the "Change For Life" baby bottle campaign. Each class will have a baby bottle to fill with spare change. Have your child bring in some spare coins to help fill the bottle. The spare change helps provide vital services to many clients. Check out their website at: carenetfrederick.org. All money that we collect will go to help Archbishop John Carroll, Knights of Columbus, in acquiring an ultrasound machine.
Each day the children will be learning a new bible verse. During Chapel Time this week the classes will share their Lutheran Schools Week posters that they have made to display in the Sanctuary.
Parent Conferences are continuing this week. Make sure that you have signed up to meet with your child's teacher to discuss your child's progress. Teachers will give you helpful information as you make decisions about your child's placement for next year.
Lego Robotics held their first class last Friday. If your child is still interested in participating please let me know.
Details for LOA Summer Camp will be coming soon, so stay tuned... The theme this year is "Fun in the Son".
This is the last week for collecting soup cans for Porch Pals. We have an area in the Front Lobby where you can drop your soup cans off. Thank you for your support.
Is your child going to go to Kindergarten next Fall? Find out about our Full-day and Extended-day Enrichment Kindergarten Programs we offer here at Leesburg Open Arms. Kindergarten Overview/Open House for interested parents will be this Thursday, January 29th at 6:45 pm in the LOA Sanctuary.
Lessons for Piano Keys 4 Kids will start again in February. Ms Mallory will offer one free class for any interested students before the start of the next session. If you have any questions please stop by my office.
LOA events for the rest of January and into February:
- LCPS will be closed on Monday, January 26th. LOA will be open.
- Lutheran Schools Week - the week of January 26th to 30th.
- Tuesday, January 27th is Country & Western Day; dress your child accordingly.
- Also on Tuesday, January 27th we will have Spirit Night at Eggspectations (near Wegmans) from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. We will have two "feature teachers" at the Spirit Night: Ms Merielle and Ms Katie. Other staff will be there as well. Please stop by and visit with them.
- Pajama Day is going to be on Wednesday, January 28th.
- Thursday, January 29th is Colorful Spirit Day. Check with your child's teacher for which is your child's class color.
- Kindergarten Overview/Open House for interested parents will be Thursday, January 29th at 6:45 pm in the LOA Sanctuary.
- Sports Jersey Day will be Friday, January 30th.
- On Friday, February 13th, we will have our Valentines Day Parties.
- LCPS will be closed on Monday, February 16th for Presidents Day.
- Purple Day will be Friday, February 20th.
Zumba Classes: Sign-up for Zumba classes is by the Front Desk kiosks. We will start on Thursday, February 5th, at 6:15 PM in the Sanctuary. The cost is $10 per session; 10 session for $80. If you are interested please stop by to see me in the Office.
Check out this week's Leesburg Today; the results for the 2014-15 Best Of Loudoun will be posted. Thank you once again for voting us the #1 Best Childcare in Loudoun.
- Teacher of the month at LOA this month is Ms Brandy. If you see her please congratulate her for this achievement.
- Mr Jason started with us last week in the Schoolage program.
- Ms Jenelle has returned to LOA. She will be an Assistant Teacher in the Monkeys classroom; please welcome her back.
- Ms Carol has left us due to her pregnancy; she is expecting twins.
- Ms Emma is leaving us to take on the new profession of "Motherhood". We wish her and her husband all the best for the new addition to their family. She will be a great "Mum".
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."