We had a great Dr. Seuss Week at LOA. Thank you to everyone who dressed up as Dr. Seuss characters from his books. The winner of the door decorating contest will be posted in the lobby on Monday. Check out the bulletin board on the first floor by the Infant rooms, "Hats Off" to our staff!
This week we will celebrate Saint Patrick's Day. The Christian theme this week in the classrooms is the story of Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. It is celebrated both inside and outside Ireland, as both a liturgical and non-liturgical holiday. The young classes will read "The Story of Saint Patrick's Day" by Pamela R. Levy referring to the traditional symbols such as shamrocks, harps, and leprechauns. They will also discuss Saint Patrick as a shepherd, missionary, and teacher. The older students will read "The Story of Saint Patrick" by Laura Wagner.
In Chapel, the children will hear the story of the Lenten pretzel because they were not able to with last week's special service. We would like to thank Pastor Weichmann for coming in and speaking to the children.
At LOA we will have Green Day on Friday, March 14th. All of the classes will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in the classroom on Monday, actual St. Patrick's Day, March 17th. Please check with your child's teacher for details.
Porch Pals has asked for donations of breakfast foods through the month of March. Item suggestions:
- Bisquick or Pancake Mix
- Cereal Bars
- Oatmeal Packets
- Muffin Mixes
Dates to remember for March and April:
- On Wednesday, March 12th we will have "Oh Susannah Music and Puppets" at 10:00 AM.
- Green Day will be Friday, March 14th.
- The next Parents Night Out will be on Saturday, March 15th from 4:00 to 8:30 PM. We need a minimum of 10 children to sign up.
- Class Picture Day will be on Monday, March 17th. Any student who was unable to take their picture last week will have the opportunity for a retake on this day.
- St. Patrick's Day Parties will be on Monday, March 17th.
- Spring Break Camp registration is now open. Please let us know if your child will be attending LOA during April 14th to 17th.
- LOA will be closed on Good Friday, April 18th.
LOA "SONsational" Summer Camp, 2014
Excite Soccer will be coming in to LOA sometime later in March for a demonstration with sessions starting in April.
Please see Ms. Ellen if you would be interested in helping with our Spring Fundraiser which is our Art Show and Silent Auction on May 23rd.
Hopefully everybody remembered to put their clocks forward this weekend. We now can enjoy Daylight Savings at the end of the day. Spring is just around the corner.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14