I can't believe we are heading into the last week of October. How quickly the year is going! The all is starting to show its true colors with all the reds, oranges and yellows.
Our LOA theme for this week is "Fall Farm". The students will be leaning about farms and farm life. Check with your child's teacher about what they will be doing in their classrooms this week.
Our Chapel lesson will be about God's light. Ms. Wendy will be using a flashlight as an object lesson for the children. Our verse this week is from John 8:12, "Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'"
In response to your feedback on getting more of a look-ahead for dates to remember, here for October, November and early December we have:
- The Fall Costume Parade is on Thursday, October 31st at 3:00 PM. Our Fall Classroom Parties will be at 3:30 PM following the parade. We look forward seeing all the children dressed in their costumes. Please remember, no scary costumes, witches or ghosts.
- Daylight Savings ends Sunday, November 3rd. "Fall back" your clocks on Saturday night.
- On Monday/Tuesday, November 4th and 5th, Loudoun County Public Schools are closed for teacher work days. LOA will be open so please let us know if your school-age child will be attending so that we can staff accordingly.
- The week of November 11th-15th is the Scholastic Book Fair.
- Our next Spirit Night is Wednesday November 13th at The New York Pizza, the restaurant right across the parking lot from LOA, from 4:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Brown Day is Friday, November 15th.
- Parents Night Out is Saturday, November 16th from 4:00 to 8:30 PM.
- Monday/Tuesday, November 25th and 26th, will be our Thanksgiving Feast Days with the children.
- LOA will be closed on Thanksgiving and the day after, November 28th/29th.
- Friday, December 6th, at 5:45 PM the Leesburg Children's Christmas Choir, sponsored by LOA, will be participating in the Lighting of the Leesburg Christmas Tree. We are looking for LOA children 4 years and above to participate; please see Ms Wendy for details.
The artwork your students did with their teachers over the last two weeks has been sent off to "Display My Art". This is a fundraiser for LOA. We will receive back the artwork details on November 4th and you will be able to order what you would like your child's artwork to be displayed upon (mugs, magnets, etc.). These make great gifts.
One last item: Please remember that on Halloween, October 31st, Leesburg will be closing their main streets for their parade. Plan your route to LOA accordingly.
"When you take a child by the hand, you take a parent by the heart."