This will be our Fire Safety Week. All the teachers will be talking to their students about what they would do if there was a fire at home or at school. We will be having a fire drill at school this week, weather permitting. Make sure you have a plan for your own homes. Test your fire safety knowledge at the American Red Cross fire safety quiz at this link: Fire Safety Quiz.
There will be no Chapel lesson this week as Ms Wendy, Ms Courtney and I will be attending a Lutheran Schools Conference in Greensboro North Carolina from Tuesday through Thursday.
Karma Wilson is our author of the month for October. She writes fun stories, poems, songs, etc. and especially in rhyme. She believes that rhyme naturally teaches children to expand their vocabulary and love books and reading. She has spent much of her time in northwest Montana, where there are lots of bears and animals and that is why she features bears in many of her books like "Bear's New Friend".
The Electronic Tuition Payment program is now in effect. If anyone has any questions please contact Ms Susan via our general phone 571-223-6736.
We are collecting items for our Raffle Baskets for our Fall Festival. Each classroom is collecting items for their baskets. Check with your child's teacher for the items your class is collecting. The baskets will go on display next week.
LOA events for October:
- Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) will be closed for Columbus Day on Monday, October 13th. LOA will remain open so please let us know if your child will be attending LOA that day.
- Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A with be on October 15th from 3:00 to 9:00 PM.
- We will have Pink Day on Friday, October 17th, in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- On October 18th we will hold our third annual Fall Festival from 10:00 to 2:00 PM and Glow Night from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Parents Night Out will be on Saturday, October 25th.
- We will have Black Day on Thursday, October 30th and on Friday the 31st we will have our Fall Costume Parade and Parties; times will be communicated later.
LifeTouch Pictures should be available for viewing on-line by October 10th.
New staff and schedule changes:
- Ms Joyce is now working in the Koalas room as 2nd Assistant.
- Ms Sarah will be now working in both the Koalas and the Hippos class as an Assistant.
- I would like to welcome Ms Tanieda as the Assistant in the Toucans class.
Don't let your dreams go up in smoke - practice fire safety. ~ Unknown.
The most effective way to protect yourself and your home from fire is to identify and remove fire hazards. 60 percent of house fire deaths occur in homes with no working smoke alarms. During a home fire, working smoke alarms and a fire escape plan that has been practiced regularly can save lives.