The magic of Christmas is a time for everyone, especially children. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas with all of your family and friends. I certainly did with our visit to see our children and grandchildren in Illinois. The weather did bring us a white Christmas.
Thank you on behalf of all the staff at LOA for your generosity and kindness this Christmas season. Thank you for your support of the "Toys For Tots" program.
This week the children will be learning about the Feast of the Epiphany and the Three Wise Men visiting baby Jesus. Over the next two weeks the children will also be learning about Winter Animals.
Just a reminder we will be closing at 2:00 pm on Tuesday. December 31st and we will be closed on Wednesday, January 1st.
During the month of January we will be collecting soup cans for Porch Pals, a grass-roots effort supporting needy families in our area.
Mark your calendar for January:
- "Piano 4 Kids" will be coming in to LOA during the week of January 13th to have interaction with all the students; they will send home more information with each student on cost and schedule.
- On Wednesday, January 15th, "Eric Energy" will present a Pre-school Science Spectacular program in
- Blue Day is Friday, January 17th.
- Parents Night Out - Saturday, January 18th from 4:00 to 8:30 pm.
- Lutheran Schools Week - the week of January 27th to 31st.
- Kindergarten Open House - Thursday, January 30th, 7:00 pm
Once again we want to remind all parents that Leesburg Today has voting for the "Best of Loudoun 2013". Leesburg Open Arms is one of the schools up for voting in the Childcare/Education/Preschool category. Please
help us make LOA the #1 Best of Loudoun by voting for us. You can vote at the following link:
The deadline is December 31st, 2013. Thank you for considering us in this category.
As we say goodbye to 2013 we are all looking forward to a great year ahead in 2014! I would like to wish everybody a Happy New Year from all of us at Leesburg Open Arms.
"May Light always surround you;
Hope kindle and rebound you.
May your Hurts turn to Healing;
Your Heart embrace Feeling.
May Wounds become Wisdom;
Every Kindness a Prism.
May Laughter infect you;
Your Passion resurrect you.
May Goodness inspire your Deepest Desires.
Through all that you Reach For,
May your arms Never Tire."
- D. Simone