Last week's Apples theme was a big success. The children enjoyed all of the activities that involved apples, from apple printing, counting and baking. Our favorite LOA apple color is a red apple.
This week's theme is Healthy Living. The children will be learning about eating healthy foods and exercise. Celebrating Birthday's at LOA is always an exciting time. In the theme of healthy living, here is a link to the LOA approved Birthday Snack List. We are trying to get away from cupcakes as not all children are able to eat them due to dietary restrictions. As parents, if you have other suggestions to add to this list please let us know.
Pastor Weichman from Our Savior's Way Lutheran Church in Ashburn will be leading Chapel this week along with Ms. Wendy. Everybody will be joining for Chapel time at 9:30 am on Thursday, October 1st.
LifeTouch School Portraits taken last week at LOA should be available for viewing in about 10-14 days. We will let you know when they have confirmed this date.
Wee Little Arts started classes this past Wednesday, September 23rd and will run through November 11th. If you are still interested in registering your child please let me know. This eight week session is titled "The Elements of Art" and the cost is $140. Here is a link to the flyer on the Fall Wee Little Arts Session. Registration instructions are included in the flyer. We are now also offering a class for Kindergarten students at 1:15 pm on Thursdays.
Excite Soccer started their fall sessions on Friday, September 25th. The new schedule times are as follows:
10:00-10:45 (3 year olds)F
- Columbus Day, October 12th, LCPS will be closed. LOA will be open. Please let us know if your school age student will be attending on this day, K-5.
- On October 19th we will have a delivery of pumpkins for the all children to carve and create at LOA.
- On Saturday, October 24th we will have our Annual Fall Festival at LOA from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM; that will be followed by Glow Night from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
- On Friday, October 30th, we will have our Fall Costume Parade and Parties.
We are looking for baskets to be used for our Raffle Baskets for the Fall Festival. If you have any baskets that you would like to donate, please drop them by the office. This week each classroom will choose their themes for the raffle baskets. You will find out from your classroom teacher what theme basket your child's classroom will be putting together.
- Ms. Maddie has left LOA for personal reasons. We wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
- Born on September 21st, a baby sister, Elisabeth, for Zeke White in our Hippos class. A wonderful addition to the White family.
- Born on September 23rd, a baby brother, Walker, for Brooks Friedman. A wonderful addition to the Friedman family.
White House Ornaments are for sale at the Front Desk. The 2015 Official White House Christmas Ornament honors our 30th president, Calvin Coolidge, 1923-1929. The ornament is a depiction of the National Christmas tree decorated with ornaments representing the events of Coolidge's unique life and presidency. All of these special little ornaments are described in the booklet that comes with the ornament. To make this White House Ornament even more special, the ornament has a switch that turns on an interior light. The booklet contains all sorts of fascinating information about Coolidge and his life.
The ornament is just $21 and comes in a lovely box. They make great holiday gifts, wedding or childbirth gifts, or for your own decorating.
We are selling them on behalf of the Civitan Group. Civitan International is an organization of volunteer service clubs around the world, dedicated to helping people in their own communities.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it feeds your body and mind with the necessary nutrients and energy to function throughout the day. Eating breakfast regularly will also help keep weight off because it gets your metabolism going.
- Physical activity like aerobic exercise (walking, running), muscle-strengthening (weight-lifting), bone-strengthening (jumping rope), and balance and stretching activities (yoga, pilates, dancing) are especially beneficial to a healthy body.
- Foods that don't expire contain unnatural preservatives, additives, and chemicals that deteriorate your body. Focus instead on fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, low-fat dairies, and above all, moderation in whatever you eat.