Today is Palm Sunday and this is the start of Holy Week. The children will be talking about the events of this week from the Last Supper, through Jesus' suffering and Crucifixion on Good Friday to his rising on Easter Sunday. Classes will be using Resurrection Eggs to tell the Easter Story.
The key passages from the Bible covering this period are Matthew 21, Luke 22-23 and John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."
Thank you to everyone who made last week's Week of the Young Child very special for our children. Have you checked out the pictures of our staff as young children. Can you recognize your child's teacher?
One last time, books can still be purchased on-line as part of our Scholastic Book Fair at the following ink:
Scholastic Book Fair link
Books can be purchased on-line up until April 15th.
Excite Soccer classes have started. They will be every Friday morning and will continue into early June.
For those parents who will have kindergartners in the Fall, let us know if you are considering LOA Enrichment Kindergarten. If so, please pick up a registration form at the Front Desk and give it to Ms Courtney.
Dates to remember for April:
- LCPS will be closed April 14th through the 18th for Spring Break.
- Spring Break Camp registration is now open. Please let us know if your child will be attending LOA during April 14th to 17th.
- Yellow Day will be on Thursday, April 17th.
- LOA will be closed on Good Friday, April 18th.
- April 22nd will be Earth Day and Uncle Henry will come in to do an environmental awareness demonstration at 9:30 and 10:30 am.
- Piano Keys 4 Kids will be starting their second session on Tuesday, April 22nd.
- The one-day intro Junior Lego Tech class will be on Friday, April 25th, at 3:30 PM.
- Come visit us at the Leesburg Flower and Garden Show on Saturday, April 26th.
Details for LOA Summer Camp for rising 1st Graders through 5th Grade are now on our website. The theme this year is "SONsational" Summer of Discovery. Here is a link to the information:
LOA "SONsational" Summer Camp, 2014
Please see Ms. Ellen if you would be interested in helping with our Spring Fundraiser which is our Art Show and Silent Auction on May 16th (note this is a change from our earlier notices which indicated May 23rd). We are collecting silent auction donations now. Please let us know if you know anybody who would like to donate for our silent auction.
As a reminder, Leesburg Open Arms will be participating in the Relay For Life on Saturday, May 31st at the Heritage High School. If you are interested in walking with us or making a donation please go on to the Relay for Life website to register. Here is the link to the website: http://www.relayforlife.org/. We are "Team LOA".
- We welcome Ms Sheree back to the Infant Rooms after her broken ankle injury.
- Ms Wendy the Assistant Teacher in the Jellyfish Class has left LOA due to personal reasons. Her position has been filled by Ms Lori who has been with LOA as a Floater. Please welcome her into her new position.
Spring Break in Loudoun County. It is so wonderful to finally see the blossoms on the trees and the feeling of Spring in the air. ... Achoo!! I forgot that this also bring allergies, of which I am one of the sufferers!
"Live for today, not for tomorrow.
Be of good cheer, don't stress about sorrow.
Rain will come, the sun will shine.
Remember above all, you are one of a kind."