We had a very good first week of school - we all survived the transitions. Thank you for your patience as we work to iron out the challenges.
Our theme this week is My Friends and I - we will emphasize the importance of friends and the different ways we can be a good friend to everyone. Our children have been making new friends and this week they will be finding out more about each other. Some classes will be making friendship wreaths and friendship bracelets. We are looking for a fun "friendly" week.
For Chapel this week we feature the verse "My command is this: love each other as I love you." John 15:12. We will also be reading the book "Jesus and the 12 Dudes Who Did" by Mindy MacDonald. This is a great book that explains in a few sentences what each disciple was known for. They were Jesus' friends and they followed him everywhere and learned how to love like Him.
Our letter study throughout September will be our vowels, "A, E, I, O, and U". Check with your child's teacher for the fun activities that they will be doing in the classroom this week.
LOA events for September:
- On Tuesday, September 9th we will have Back To School Night for Kindergarten and After School parents from 7:00 to 8:00 PM.
- On Friday, September 12th we have Uncle Pete's Music show at 9:30 am.
- Excite Soccer sessions will start on Friday, September 19th.
- On Saturday, September 20th, we will have Parents Night Out from 4:00 to 8:30 pm.
- LifeTouch School Pictures will be at LOA on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 23rd and 24th.
Scholastic Reading Club: you can still order on-line at the following link:
Scholastic Reading - shop on-line
The one-time Class Activation code for this is: M8PNR. Shop and submit your order and earn free books for your child's classroom. All book orders are shipped to LOA for you to pick up.
LOA Staff changes:
- Mr Dustin is starting with us on Monday, September 8th, as the Enrichment Kindergarten Assistant.
- Ms Gaby will now be an Assistant in the Koalas classroom.
The Electronic Tuition Payment program will be starting on September 15th. If anyone has any questions please contact Ms Susan via our general phone 571-223-6736.
We are looking for computers that can be used for our pre-K classes. If you have or know of someone who has a computer to donate (tax deductible), please let us know.
The faithful friend is a secure refuge; whoever has found one has found a treasure. - Sirach 6:12
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me;
I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. - Albert Camus
"True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing." - Baltasar Gracian