A very big "Thank You" to all Parents and LOA Staff for the tremendous support we had for our first Children's Art Exhibition and for the Silent Auction. The children did a marvelous job in producing the various creations. Also, I very much appreciate the support we received from all the Vendors who supported our Auction. We had 35 items up for auction and the full list of all of our vendors and contributors will be recognized on our website. Also a big thank you to Mr. Pete Plasmir, who was our musical entertainment DJ during the Art Exhibition and Silent Auction.
All bid winners from our Silent Auction will be notified on Monday via a separate e-mail to all Parents and Staff.
Our Muffins For Mom event was well attended by much loved Moms and family members. The innocence of children as they express their love for their Moms is so special!
Our theme for this week is "Nature Week". The various classes will be taking walks to the Isaac Walton Park by LOA. Please check with your child's teacher for days and times for the walks.
Our Christian theme is following on from last week as the World of Art. "We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us." (Romans 12:6 NIV)
Our featured book this week is "God's Paintbrush" by Rabbi Sandy Eisenberg Sasso and Annette Compton. For preschoolers it is a first lesson in finding their place in God's creation. This simple, beautiful book helps parents and children explore spiritually together by inviting children of all faiths and backgrounds to encounter God through everyday experience and their imagination.
Also in keeping with our nature theme, our "Painted Lady" caterpillars are in transition as some have started to spin their cocoons in preparation for their metamorphosis into butterflies.
This month we will be, once again, helping Porch Pals. Their request is for binders of 1/2", 1" or 2" size. Thank you again for your cooperation.
Paint the County Purple for Relay for Life. During the month of May we are carrying on our promotion that if you or your child wears purple to LOA we would like you to donate $1 to the Relay for Life cause. We will have a purple donation box at the Front Desk. Thank you for your support.
Dates to remember for May - June:
- LOA and LCPS will be closed on Memorial Day, May 26th.
- The Relay for Life for Team LOA will be on May 31st. We are looking for volunteers to help walk for Team LOA. Please stop by my office to discuss this. We are also looking for donations for a "Summer Fun" raffle basket which will be auctioned off at the Relay for Life event. Donations can be in the form of small items such as bubbles, chalk, water sport games, books, etc.anything that would be fun in the sun.
- Donuts for Dad will be on Friday, June 6th.
- Our LOA Summer Kick-off Party will be Friday, June 13th at 4:00 pm, the last day for LCPS.
The Excite Soccer and Lego Tech classes that were cancelled last Friday will both be rescheduled.
Graduation dates for our Pre-K and Full-Kindergarten students will be in June. The schedule is as follows:
- Owls (Full-K): Friday, June 6th at 3:00 pm.
- Dolphins (Pre-K): Tuesday, June 10th at 3:00 pm.
- Seagulls (Pre-K): Wednesday, June 11th at 3:00 pm.
- Sea Stars (Pre-K): Thursday, June 12th at 3:00 pm.
Our LOA Summer Camp for rising 1st Graders through 5th Grade is nearly full but a few spots remain. The theme this year is "SONsational" Summer of Discovery. We will have summer camp detail packets available next week. Here is a link to the summer camp information:
LOA "SONsational" Summer Camp, 2014
- On last Thursday, May 15th, Ms Neisha had a baby girl. Congratulation to her and to her family.
An important safety reminder: Please be careful while driving, parking and reversing out of parking spaces in the LOA parking lot.
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?"