Last week our Muffins For Mom event was well attended by much loved Moms and family members. The innocence of children as they express their love for their Moms is so special!
The children had a good time learning about various art forms and famous painters as part of World of Art week. Some of the artwork that was created will be on show at the Silent Auction on May 29th.
Our theme for this week is "Nature Week". The various classes will be taking walks to the Isaac Walton Park by LOA. Please check with your child's teacher for days and times for the walks.
The "Painted Lady" caterpillars have arrived. We will be watching them going through the different stages as they change into butterflies. All classrooms from the Hippos (Toddlers) through our Kindergarten classes will have their caterpillars.
Paint the County Purple for Relay for Life. During the month of May if you or your child wears purple to LOA we would like you to donate $1 to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life cause. We will have a purple donation box at the Front Desk. Once again Team LOA will be participating in the Relay for Life on Saturday, June 6th at the Heritage High School. If you wish to make a donation to our team here is a link to the Relay for Life, Team LOA home page. As always, thank you for your continued support.
On Friday May 29th we will have our Art Show and Annual Silent Auction. We are looking for donations for the Silent Auction. Please see Ms. Ellen if you would be interested in helping. All donated items need to be in by Friday, May 22nd.
LOA events for May and June:
- We will have Orange Day on Friday May 22nd.
- LOA and LCPS will be closed on Memorial Day, May 25th.
- We will have Wee Little Arts free demonstration for the 3s, 4s and 5s on May 27th and 28th.
- On Friday May 29th we will have our Art Show and Annual Silent Auction.
- The Relay for Life for Team LOA will be on June 6th.
- The last day for LCPS is Tuesday, June 16th.
- Our Summer Kick-off Party is Friday, June 19th.
June graduations for Pre-K and Full Kindergarten are scheduled as follows:
- Dolphins, June 9th at 3:00 PM.
- Seagulls, June 10th at 3:00 PM.
- Owls, June 11th at 3:00 PM.
- Sea Stars, June 12th at 3:00 PM.
Our LOA Summer Camp for rising 1st Graders through 5th Grade is almost full. Click here for the LOA Summer Camp details and registration form. The theme this year is "Fun in the "Son". If you are interested in the program, spaces are limited so sign your child up as soon as you can. Please note that even though your child is presently enrolled in our school he/she is not automatically enrolled in the summer camp program. Check with Ms Amanda at the Front Desk for which days and weeks we still have available.
For Kindergarten and school age students, please let us know your schedule for the summer and your return in the Fall. For all students, if there is to be schedule change during the summer, please see Ms. Ellen and complete a Schedule Change Form.
New baby announcements:
- We would like to welcome a baby brother to Esme Westman, Trey, who was born on Friday, May 8th.
- Also on May 8th we welcome Gabriella, a new baby sister for Natalia and Emelia Selby.
What wonderful additions to their families. I am so happy that the babies were born on May 8th - that's my birthday!
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?"