What a nice weather weekend we've had! I certainly enjoyed getting outside and taking a walk - it helped boost my spirit and to face the challenges of the week ahead (i.e., more snow?).
All the children enjoyed the visit we had from a local dentist from the Loudoun Pediatric Dentist office this past week. Please reinforce with your children the importance of good dental practices.
This week is Pets Week. How many of you have pets at home? I have a house full of cats but love all animals. Do you have cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, iguanas, etc.? I can't wait to find out! Check with your child's teacher for activities involving pets this week. Our Christian theme is from Job 12:10, "The life of every creature and the breath of all people are in God's hand".
This week we feature the book, "I Wonder ... Did Jesus Have a Pet Lamb?" by Jeanette Oke. The book takes a creative look at what the life of the boy Jesus might have been like. Perhaps he had a pet lamb, liked to build with blocks, or go fishing with his family. The book is imaginatively illustrated and contrasts contemporary children and toys.
Details for LOA Summer Camp for rising 1st Graders through 5th Grade are now on our website. The theme this year is "SONsational" Summer of Discovery". Here is a link to the information:
LOA "SONsational" Summer Camp, 2014
Next Saturday will be March 1st, and as many of you know I am Welsh and this day is celebrated as St. David's Day in Wales. Just like St. Patrick is for Ireland, St. David is the patron Saint of Wales. The daffodil is our National flower so look for them in my office on Friday.
Next week, starting March 3rd, is Dr. Seuss Week at LOA, so dust off those Dr. Seuss books; we are going to have a fun week ahead!
Dates to remember for March:
- Picture Days are on March 3, 4 and 5.
- Tuesday March 4th will be Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday); Wednesday, March 5th Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.
- On Wednesday, March 12th we will have "Oh Susannah Music and Puppets" at 10:00 AM.
- Green Day will be Friday, March 14th.
- The next Parents Night Out will be on Saturday, March 15th from 4:00 to 8:30 PM.
- St. Patrick's Day Parties will be on Monday, March 17th.
- Ms Samira will be joining LOA tomorrow (2/24) and will be an Assistant in the Sea Stars class.
- Ms Tiffany will be returning to work this week on a part-time basis in the Sea Stars class.
-- St. Francis of Assisi Prayer for Animals