Thank you for a great first week of school. Everyone seems to be settling in well in their new classrooms. I would like to welcome all our new families that have joined us this new school year. We look forward to a great year ahead.
Our theme this week is School Safety. We will be discussing with the children classroom safety rules, such as proper behavior and proper use of scissors, as well as school safety rules, such as safely walking down the stairs and use of the elevator.
Chapel this week is "God Loves Me More Than That" by Dandi Daley Mackall. The book contains lively rhymes and engaging illustrations that will help your children learn that God loves them "deeper than a wishing well, wider than a semi-truck, louder than thunder, and softer than a kitten's sneeze." Themes are presented with charming child-like faith and will help your child grasp the great love of God through comparisons and descriptions they can easily understand. In short, they'll discover that His love is bigger, wider, higher, and deeper than anything they could imagine!
New Staff: We welcomed some new staff to LOA last week:
- Ms Sheree in the Little Lambs (Infant I); she is the afternoon Assistant.
- Ms Jody-Ann in the Koalas (Infant III); she will be co-Lead with Ms Jane.
- Ms Sarah in the Hippos (Toddler); she will be a Floater.
- Ms Alicia is a Floater for Infant III and Toddlers.
- Ms Tyera is the afternoon Assistant in Hippos.
- Ms Peggy is an afternoon Assistant.
- Ms Shirley is the afternoon Full and Enrichment Kindergarten Assistant.
- Ms Lisa is our new Full-day Kindergarten Teacher.
Dates to remember for September:
- Spirit Night will be at Bob Evans on September 11th from 4:00 to 9:00 PM. We will be featuring a couple of our teachers at each Spirit Night each month. This month you can join Ms Ivanete and Ms Courtney for
dinner. Other teachers will also be there.
- Parents Night Out, Saturday, September 21st from 4:00 to 8:30 PM
- Picture Days on September 24th and 25th.
- We will soon be putting out requests for Raffle Basket items for our Fall Festival, Saturday, October
12th. This week our Teachers will be selecting the basket theme for their class. Check with your child's teacher for your class' theme. Thank you for your support.