I hope everyone had safe travels and had a wonderful time with family and friends during Thanksgiving. We are now entering into the Season of Advent - a wonderful time of year. Our theme during this week will encompass "Traditions". We will be talking about Christmas traditions and decorating our Christmas tree. Our Christian lesson will be from Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him".
We will also be featuring the book "God Gave Us Christmas" by Lisa Tawn Bergen. This enchanting tale of a young Polar Bear cub provides the perfect opportunity to help young children celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and to discover how very much God loves them; it teaches us that Jesus is the best present of all.
Look for signs of Christmas around our school. The children will be learning about different traditions as we prepare for Christmas Around the World. Share with your child the traditions that your family have.
Our December donation drive will be supporting "Toys For Tots". Please bring in an unwrapped gift for a needy child for this Holiday Season; place gifts in the large red stocking in the Front Lobby.
Dates to remember for December:
- "Piano Keys for Kids" will be coming in to LOA on Thursday, December 5th, to from 3:30 to 6:00 PM to demonstrate their approach to music education and to answer any questions you may have.
- Friday, December 6th "Cody and BJ" will be coming to LOA to perform a musical show for the students.
- Also on Friday, December 6th, at 5:45 PM the Leesburg Children's Christmas Choir, sponsored by LOA, will be participating in the Lighting of the Leesburg Christmas Tree at the Leesburg Government Center.
- We will have two Parents Night Out sessions in December; one is on Saturday, December 7th from 4:00 to 8:30 PM; the second is on Friday, December 13th from 6:30 to 9:00 PM.
- Christmas Around the World will be on December 10th and 11th at LOA. Teachers are looking for parents to volunteer to help the students travel from country to country.
- Saturday, December 14th is the Leesburg Holiday Parade; we will have a sign-up sheet at the Front Desk for anyone who wants to join us in the parade.
- LOA will be closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, December 24th and
- LOA will close at 2:00 PM on New Year's Eve, Tuesday, December 31st and we will be closed on New Year's Day, January 1st.
Mark your calendars accordingly for the Children's Christmas Concerts starting on December 17th through the 20th. Here is the schedule:
- 12/17: Toucans at 3:00 PM in their classroom
- 12/17: Monkeys at 3:30 PM in their classroom
- 12/18: Jellyfish, Manatees and Sea Turtles at 3:30 PM in the Sanctuary
- 12/19: Sea Stars and Seagulls at 3:30 PM in the Sanctuary
- 12/20: Dolphins and Seahorses (AM Kindergarten Enrichment class) at 9:30 AM in the Sanctuary
- 12/20: Wise Owls (Full Kindergarten) and Seahorses (PM Kindergarten Enrichment class) at 2:30 PM in the Sanctuary.
Once again, if any of you wish to show your appreciation to your child's teacher for this Christmas period all teachers have filled out a survey on what their "likes" are (such as favorite color, restaurant, type of music, etc.). All surveys are at the Front Desk.
Parking Lot Etiquette:
We have noticed that a number of cars drive through our parking lot much faster than they should. Please exercise caution and watch your speed as you pass through our lot. Also, with the weather getting colder and the evenings darker please yield to parents and their children walking through the parking lot to and from their cars. We will also notify the other businesses in our location about our concerns and advice regarding parking lot etiquette.
Finally, as we head into the Winter season there may be times when LOA will need to adjust our hours of operation. We follow the Federal Government regarding school closings and delayed openings. On such
occasions when our hours will be changed we will inform parents and teachers via the following modes of communication:
- LOA website
- Outgoing phone message
- Local radio and TV channels
We also want to expand this to text messaging this season. Please let us know if you wish to be included in this service.