The Fall Costume Parade and Fall Classroom Parties were a success last week; thank you to everybody who helped get the children dressed and for providing all the treats the children had to eat. Just a reminder: any treats brought to school must be free of any peanuts as we are a peanut safe facility and we do have children who have severe peanut allergies.
Last week one of our parent Police Officers came in to talk to the 3 year-old children about safety. She explained to them what they should do if they become separated from their parent in places such as the park or the Mall. She emphasized that children should know the first names of their parents; also, their surname, address and phone number. Please work with your child on giving them this information. At school we will also be reinforcing this. She also explained to them not to be afraid of a police officer - they are our friends.
Our LOA theme for this week is "Transportation". The students will be leaning about all forms of transportation - planes, trains and automobiles, etc. through stories, art, math and language activities. Once again, check with your child's teacher for specifics for your class.
Our Chapel lesson this week will be Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." The Object lesson for the children will be "Why God doesn't give us tons of stuff."
This week we will be collecting non-perishable food items for the Loudoun Interfaith Relief Food Bank. Consider items such as soup, cereals, canned vegetables, etc. The collection box is at the Front Desk. Thank you for your participation and generosity.
Dates to remember for November and early December:
- On Monday/Tuesday, November 4th and 5th, Loudoun County Public Schools are closed for teacher work days. LOA will be open so please let us know if your school-age child will be attending so that we can staff accordingly.
- The week of November 11th-15th is the Scholastic Book Fair.
- Our next Spirit Night is Wednesday November 13th at The New York Pizza, the restaurant right across the parking lot from LOA, from 4:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Brown Day is Friday, November 15th.
- Parents Night Out is Saturday, November 16th from 4:00 to 8:30 PM.
- Monday/Tuesday, November 25th and 26th, will be our Thanksgiving Feast Days with the children.
- LOA will be closed on Thanksgiving and the day after, November 28th/29th.
- Friday, December 6th, at 5:45 PM the Leesburg Children's Christmas Choir, sponsored by LOA, will be participating in the Lighting of the Leesburg Christmas Tree at the Leesburg Government Center. We are looking for LOA children 4 years and above to participate. Rehearsals will be at LOA on Sundays 11/10, 11/17, 11/24 and 12/1 at 2:00 PM. Please contact Ms Wendy for more details; her email is: email@example.com.
- Due to health reasons Ms Jodi from the Seagulls class will be taking a leave of absence; she may return as a substitute or floater in the future.
- Ms Faith will be taking over as the Assistant Teacher in the Seagulls class.
- Ms Melissa, from the Sea Stars class will be relocating to South Carolina with her son. Her last day will be Wednesday, 11/6. We wish her all the best.
- Ms Priscilla will be taking over as the Assistant Teacher in the Sea Stars class.
Please welcome the teachers into their new positions.
On a personal note, I will be away from LOA on vacation from this Wednesday, 11/6 through next Wednesday 11/13. I will be in Disney World with my grandchildren.