Last week we had great fun with our Rainforest theme. The children enjoyed seeing snakes, an iguana, a gecko and other reptiles that live in the rainforest. Thanks to Reptiles Alive that brought us Rainforest Alive.
Our theme this week is Traveling The World. Each day will be a new adventure around the world! Our children will explore other countries like Ireland and Australia and discover how they live, their customs and what makes them fun and unique places to visit! Check with your child's teacher to see what traveling they will be doing this week.
Our Christian curriculum for the Summer continues on the "Road Trip Through the Ten Commandments". This week we will be doing the Tenth Commandment: "You Shall Not Want What Others Have". Be happy with what you have.
We will be having a Full-day Kindergarten Open House on this Wednesday and Thursday, August 21-22 from
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. If you want to stop by, Ms Julie will be around to answer any questions you may have.
Ms Kim continues her recovery. Once again, a big thank you to everyone who has donated money or who has signed up on our meal Train opportunity to help the family with their meals.
- Friday, August 30th, from 4:00 to 6:00 PM we will have our LOA End-of-Summer Party, and we will also be celebrating LOA's 5th birthday. Please come join us for some birthday cake and some fun activities.
Staff Changes: As we approach the end of Summer some of our teachers are heading off to College and we have some other staff moves to announce. We also have some new faces appearing in the classrooms at LOA:
- Ms Deanna, Ms Cara and Ms Amanda R will be leaving; hopefully we will see them again at Christmas
- I would like to welcome Ms Raysa, Ms Maddie and Ms Danielle who will be acting as Floaters for the next few weeks; they will then transition to specific rooms for the full school year.
- I would like to welcome Ms Kelsey who will be the Assistant Teacher in the Toddler Hippos class. Also a
welcome to Ms Kelly who will be assisting in the Hippos from 1:00 to 6:00 PM.
- Ms Cheyenne, Ms Maddie G and Mr. Jack who have been High School Seniors and working for us part-time will take on more permanent positions here at LOA. We are very happy to keep them on board.
- Starting on Monday, August 19, we will have a new Kitchen Manager/Cook - Ms Bonnie Smith. Please welcome her to LOA. She has worked in the Loudoun County School system in the food preparation
area for a number of years. She has been at LOA for a couple of days this last week becoming familiar with the Kitchen. Ms Fae will continue to support the Kitchen. Ms Stephanie has left LOA.
Transitions for all of our children to their new classrooms are underway; the children will be visiting their new rooms and teachers over the next two weeks. All children will be in their new classes by September 3rd. If you have any questions please stop by my office.
We are getting towards the end of our Summer Camp and the beginning of the academic school year. How quickly the time has gone! Please let us know if your child will be attending LOA for the next school year. Please stop by my office to let me know.
Finally, a congratulations to two of our parents: Grafton deButts (Brennan and T.C.'s Dad) and to Allison
Metzger (Kora's Mom) who are featured in the "40 Under 40" section in last week's Leesburg Today. This section recognizes up and coming Business and Community Leaders in Loudoun County. We are proud to
have them as part of the LOA family!