I hope everyone brought the New Year in safely. This week the children will be continuing to learn about Winter Animals - recent weather is very much in keeping with this theme.
The object lesson for this week is the Christian meaning for the Snowman:
- The white snow stands for the purity of souls filled with Gods grace.
- The circular snowballs represent Gods everlasting love.
- The pieces of coal used to make the eyes, mouth and buttons symbolize Gods almighty power.
- The carrot nose reminds us that God gives us everything we need to live and grow. The scarf suggests the warmth of Gods tender care.
- The top hat reminds us always to keep faith our top priority.
- The twig arms are outstretched to us, as Gods always are.
- The broom made of straw and wood signifies that Jesus was born and died to cleanse us of sin. May your heart be ever warmed by the good news of Gods great love for you!
During the month of January we will be collecting soup cans for Porch Pals, a grass-roots effort supporting needy families in our area. We will have an area in the Front Lobby where you can drop your soup cans off. Thank you for your support.
I would like to welcome back Ms Brandy. She will be a Floater/Substitute around LOA with some elements of science focus. She will also be involved with Summer Camp preparation and activities. If you see her around school please welcome her back.
Over the next two weeks teachers will be doing student assessments. Times for Parent Conferences will be set up for the week of January 20th. Check with your child's teacher for dates and times available. A sign-up sheet will be posted outside your child's classroom. Teachers will give you helpful information as you make decisions about your child's placement for next year.
Is your child going to go to Kindergarten next Fall? Find out about our Full-day and Extended-day Enrichment Kindergarten Programs we offer here at Leesburg Open Arms. Open House for interested parents will be Thursday, January 30th at 7:00 pm.
Mark your calendar for January:
- "Piano 4 Kids" will be coming in to LOA during the week of January 13th to have interaction with all the students; they will send home more information with each student on cost and schedule.
- On Wednesday, January 15th, "Eric Energy" will present a Pre-school Science Spectacular program in the Sanctuary.
- Blue Day is Friday, January 17th.
- Parents Night Out - Saturday, January 18th from 4:00 to 8:30 pm.
- Loudoun County Public Schools will be closed Monday, January 20th (Martin Luther King Jr. Day). Please let your child's teacher know if your child will be in attendance.
- Lutheran Schools Week - the week of January 27th to 31st.
- Kindergarten Open House - Thursday, January 30th, 7:00 pm
Link to "30 Day Mom Challenge"
One example from the to-do list is: to hug your child 3 times today.
Thank you to everybody who has made parent referrals to LOA; all successful referrals received their $100 tuition credit.
Looking ahead to the weather forecast for this week it looks like Mother Nature is still giving us some challenges. Please stay in touch with our communications to see if there will be any changes to our schedule. Even though we usually follow the Federal Government for school closings, we do make our own decisions based on ensuring the maximum safety for our families and staff based on local weather conditions.
"God can bring
peace to your past,
purpose to your present
and hope to your future."
- John 14:27